Friday, May 20, 2011

fashion forward fridays


From relationships and career paths to everything in between, a 20-something has to throw in the superficial once in awhile. Plus, what can I say, I love fashion.

This post isn't without a teeny bit of deeper meaning though. Did you think you'd get off that easy? Every Friday I will try to post a fun fashion trend I think is totally wearable (I'm not going to suggest you don a bird on your head like SJP), but I will encourage you to step out of the box when it comes to your wardrobe.

Why? You're in your twenties! Have some fun with fashion. Take risks and chances. Try that trend you keep eyeing. Stop doubting yourself that you "can't pull it off." Believe me, with a little bit of confidence you can pull of anything. (Hey, SJP looked kick-ass with a bird on her head. Now that, my friends, is stellar confidence.)

So this Friday, it's time to get your head right!

Accessorizing our hair is CHEAP, easy and fun. It adds a little spunk and sparkle to the day-to-day. If the turban and head wrap feel like a little much, start off small with a cute headband. Or, tie a cute scarf to the bottom of your braid.

Let's face it, maybe 30 and 40 somethings have their lives all figured out, BUT can they rock a giant bow in their hair?


No comments:

Post a Comment