Monday, May 16, 2011

Hi, I'm Annye and I'm not married/in a committed relationship.

This is no cause for alarm or concern. I promise.

Hypothesis: It's not safe for single ladies (and gents) to leave their homes without being accosted about their bare ring finger.

Is it just me or is impossible to go a day without hearing about anything relationship related? I cannot go anywhere without being told who I should date/marry/bear children with--and I do mean anywhere, apparently even church is no longer off limits {thanks for that God}.

And is everyone getting married this summer or is it just the select group of Facebook friends I seem to have? Youcantakethatprettylittlediamondengagementringheprobablyspenttoomuchonandshoveitthankyouverymuch. Not bitter, promise.

The pressure is officially on to find a hubs, but this girl ain't buying it. Luckily, I'm not too worried about locking down a man. I can laugh off the sheer coincidence in timing of the aforementioned incidents, but I think it's time we took a hint and stopped dwelling on the relationship status of our generation. {I blame Facebook.}

We're young, we're fun, and we aren't dead yet. Plus, there's really no need to be alarmed until we're at least 25. {I kid.}

Maybe it's a southern states thing. Maybe it's just in the water here. But really... Am I going to die single and alone? Or can I take my time and not stress about what is in store?



No comments:

Post a Comment