|A terrible yet hilarious photo from a Snoop Dog concert last summer.|
Definitely less worry-free right here. ;)
Enjoy your weekend lovelies!
- I confess that I’ve realized this week how weak I am. As in, no upper body strength to be heard of. To be clear, I’ve never really possessed any (thanks to years of dancing) but this week I’ve been lugging heavy boxes for work and let me just tell you it’s embarrassing how sore my arms are.
- I confess that I hesitantly went to my friend’s band's show all by myself last night. I admit this is definitely a first for me. Not exactly one to do things by myself. I’m a pretty independent lady but being in social settings alone is always kind of awkward, am I right? I can happily report it wasn’t as bad as I assumed it would be.
- I confess that I’m coming to terms with my Type A personality. I used to deny this side of me—in fact, if you didn’t know any better you’d probably assume I wasn’t Type A at all. Not overly organized, known to be messy, etc. But lately I can see myself needing structure, organization and planning more than ever. Guess I can attribute this to getting older perhaps?
- Related: I confess that although I do enjoy planning things, I always seem to take a back seat approach in my relationship. It’s sort of like backseat driving. I let him do the planning, but then tell him how it really should be done ;) I like him to take charge, but most of the time I already know what I want to do and have to take over. Ha!
- I confess that North Korea is kind of freaking me out. Somehow I don't see this ending well.
- I feel like I'm full speed ahead into my future as a counselor. Cue interviews for internships and working with real. live. clients. Cue...vomit. I confess that I couldn't be more excited that it's swiftly approaching or more terrified. This work comes with a huge feeling of responsibility, as it should, but am I ready?
- I confess that I am terrible at saying no. I was honestly trying to think of the last time I even said 'no' when someone asked me to do something. I can't remember. I've got to learn to be more assertive...like now.
- I confess that I carry my stress with me like a dog does his favorite bone. I cannot let it go. So much so that I had to go to the chiropractor for the first time on Monday. When he touched my neck he said, "Oh my" from the build up of knots. When stress starts manifesting itself in your body, its kind of a wakeup call to channel your inner Bob Marley.
- I confess that I am calling a psychic on Saturday morning. She lives in Connecticut. I've basically called this woman once a year for the last 2 years -- and she's been right about some significant things. I try not to put to much stock in it, but it's fun and in a weird way -- really calming.
- I confess I have had a bit of baby fever lately. Makes perfect sense being that I'm not married, or done with graduate school, oh and I barely make enough money to support me...my body and my mind -- definitely not in sync right now. But they are just so darn cute. Tiny little squishy miracles. Some day. Some day.