Monday, April 2, 2012

MIA, no more

Okay... we admit... we've been totally MIA here at Smith & Emma. We've totally been slacking and it shows. But, it's a new week and we're getting back on the blogging bandwagon starting now! Before we get fully back into dishing on Smith & Emma, we thought we'd give a little update on what we've been up to the past few weeks.

Annye: I have enjoyed some awesome changes in my life over the past few weeks! The biggest news is that I got a new job and after just a week, I'm in love--it's a great fit and I'm thrilled to be part of my new team. I just got back from visiting old college pals in Chicago which of course was a blast--I got to see everyone and visit my favorite places in the city. I'm still trying to motivate myself to get into running, and mostly failing, but I've committed to a 5K in June and I'm not going to back out. March was spent cheering on the Jayhawks in the NCAA basketball tournament and I can't wait to watch them in the National Championship tonight. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Jena: Not many new exciting things over here--just juggling work, school and attempting to have a life. I did manage to make it home to Rockford, IL over my Spring Break for a few days. I got to venture into Chicago (My hometown is about 2 hours away!) and see my best friend. I am quite proud of her. She is living in the big city working as a nurse, has a cute apartment in Lakeview, real (and nice!) furniture, and a bunch of Apple products I am jealous of. It's been almost a year since our last visit. (That won't happen again!) Back then she was working in our hometown, saving money and paying off student loans. And now...my gal pal is debt free ya'll. I admire her in this way so much because I...am not. She's one of the hardest workers I know and it felt great to see her achieve her goal of living in Chicago. What else...I got to spend some much needed time with my sister, dad, mom and beloved Buddy and Belle (my dogs who live with my parents, yeah...I'm not so good at commitments over about a year right now).

Here's a little photo re-cap. Also, if you don't follow me on Instagram yet, check me out! {@jlenea}


Chrissy, me, and Emily. They both work and play in Chicago! I miss them all of the time!


Emily's neighborhood.


The long trek home. And this is actually quite a ways in!


My mutts. Buddy & Belle.


My sister, Jade, and I.


Home sweet home. Where I grew up!


But, as Annye said, it's time to get our blogging life back in gear. What have you all been up to? We want to know!

1 comment:

  1. WOOOHOOO welcome back girlies! I've missed the updates!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete