Tuesday, November 15, 2011

let's go somewhere else

After the last week of my life, I've never wanted to say those words more. Deadline time at work means I am usually a very tired, annoyed version of myself. However, this time was different. I got to say those words above and they were actually going to come true!

If you remember, my little sister is studying abroad in Italy this semester. Her semester ended this past week, and since then has been traveling around Europe like a nomad. Luckiest girl ever. So far, she's visited Spain and France (she also went to Ireland for her fall break) and in two days my mom and I are meeting her in Prague! I cannot wait.

Tomorrow morning I'm boarding a flight across the ocean. I can't tell you whether I'm more excited to be disconnected from the world for a few hours or the fact that when we land... I'll be able to squeeze my sister! It will be nice to actually hold a conversation outside the confines of our computer screens.

We'll be traipsing around Prague, Salzburg and Munich for 10 days. I'm looking forward to freezing my buns off in eastern Europe and celebrating Thanksgiving in a completely unfamiliar way. I live for traveling and am so grateful I get to do it every now and then. I'm sure I'll come back with a tale or two to share.

In the meantime... have you ever been to Prague, Salzburg or Munich? I'd love any tips or insider information you'd like to share!

xoxox

Ps. Jena will be keeping you company while I'm away, but if you feel extra curious you can also follow my adventures on Twitter.

2 comments:

  1. super, super envious of you ( and even more of your sister!!) i love europe and desperately wish i could just pick up and go back, and explore the world some more for an indefinite amount of time.

    Have a wonderful visit and enjoy it enough for the rest of us!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have an awesome trip Annye! :) I studied abroad two summers ago in London and got to travel to 7 other countries while I was abroad..I've been dreaming of returning ever since! I didn't get to Prague or Salzburg, but did see Munich! Eat an authentic pretzel in Germany- those were the best. :)

    ReplyDelete