Tuesday, February 19, 2013

standing still



"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." -- Socrates

Do you ever feel like the world is buzzing around you but you're just kind of...standing there? You simply don't know where to go. So you stay right where you are -- and you just, you take it all in. 

That's where I am right now. Not frozen, not immobile, but still. In this chaotic world, I've learned one more valuable thing to add to my list of what I know.

I don't really know anything at all.

And it's not a feeling of desperation, or sadness. I simply feel...humbled. For the first time in my life I am at a loss for the right things to say or the right things to do. All I really know is that I don't know much at all -- and God, or the Universe, whoever it is up there -- I've stopped moving, stopped planning, stopped deciding. 

And my heart is wide open. 

Take a minute to watch the video if you're in need of a little humility, or just need to be amazed.





No comments:

Post a Comment