Tuesday, October 11, 2011

hooray for clothes

Smith & Emma has been a little heavy lately. Meltdowns and crises have been averted, and it is time to take a little joy in the simple things in life. Like...clothes! Here are some of my favorite trends this fall. What are yours?


So many girls think they can't wear these. But I promise, you can. I am s.h.o.r.t. and that actually tend to elongate me. Yes there are some styles that look better on me then others, but I do not have to miss out on this trend all together because I'm not six feet tall.


I think this era is the one I was meant to live in. I love the style. The wavy hair. Big earrings. High-waisted pants. Free love. Kidding. Anyway, 70s inspired fashion is fun, bright and carefree. Dig through your mom's closet or check out vintage stores for one-of-a-kind digs. If you don't want to look like you time-traveled, pair something 70s inspired with something sheek and modern like a graphic tee or a simple button up. 


For a while I really sucked at mixing prints. I couldn't get the hang of it. If you feel like me, keep practicing! Practice does make perfect in this arena. And honestly, anything goes this fall. Put stripes on stripes, or, my favorite, polka dots on polka dots. If you're a little nervous you will look like you let a 4 year old dress you, take baby steps. I promise you stripes and floral print always go together. Same with cheetah and anything! Shoes and scarves with prints are also a great way to incorporate different prints without it being too bold or in-your-face.




Don't ask me why but I love sculpted skirts. This shorter version of the trend by Gentle Fawn is one of my favorites. Paired with the thigh-highs? Heaven. But this trend has also made its way to maxi skirts, which I also adore! I think I like it so much because I feel like I've never seen it before. Did the fashion world come up with something new? Who knows. But this trend adds a little funk to whatever you are wearing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment