Monday, May 20, 2013

lesson #1



{via}

Lesson from my twenties: Let your past make you better, not bitter.

Use your failed relationships (of the platonic and romantic variety alike) as stepping stones. Treat them as lessons or road maps to gaining what you want or need.

When something you care deeply about slips between your fingers, there is a lonely devastating feeling that will quickly settle in—channel that. Take those experiences and learn from them.

What do you want or need to change? What can you do better next time?

The best thing I got from my last relationship was the feeling that I knew what I wanted (or didn’t want) and how I wanted things in my next relationship to be different.

Evolution can last a lifetime and hopefully we never stop evolving into better individuals. 
Don’t let your failures dictate your future. 

ps... Our thoughts, prayers, deepest sympathies and good vibes are with the people of Moore, Oklahoma. I had a harrowing afternoon worrying about my sister who works in the city but luckily got the amazing news that she and her family are just fine. Not everyone was so lucky and my heart goes out to those suffering tonight and in the days ahead. xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment