Wednesday, June 22, 2011

cheers to twenty-three years

check out those chevron stripes!

On Friday, I turned the big 2-3. Another year older, another year wiser, all that jazz. The big day was lovely and as always, I felt like a queen for the day. I’m a big believer in celebrating things to the max—so typically my birthdays involve a week-long celebration of little old me. I’m pretty humble like that.


People usually roll their eyes when I talk about my birthday week. Too cheesy, to much attention, etc.


But here’s what I think…. Life is something to celebrate. I have another year under my belt. I’m not afraid of being older. I look forward to another year of growth and happiness and trials and tribulations and learning coming my way. That ain’t so bad right? Deserving of seven full days, I do believe.


I know 23 isn’t really anything to write home about age-wise, but I do think it feels more established than say 22. I’m looking forward to 365 days as a 23 year old, and can’t wait to see what the year brings.


What's your advice for my 23rd year? What's your philosophy on birthdays?


No comments:

Post a Comment