Thursday, June 9, 2011

dating do or don't: who takes the lead?

Alright, ladies. Today I want to take a little poll. As a single lady in my twenties, I think there can be a lot of confusion as to who is supposed to make the moves in the beginning of a relationship.

Who do you think should put the work in at the beginning of a relationship? Are you of the old school belief that it’s the guy’s job to make the first moves? Or are you more progressive and believe that women can work it these days too?

I’m genuinely curious as to what y’all think. I won’t tell you what my thoughts are—don’t want to sway your opinions ;) but I will say that I think this is a pretty hot topic for our generation. Some men like to take charge, but I think a lot of guys these days expect us ladies to put in just as much effort in the beginning. And girls who take charge can sometimes come on too strong, while girls who wait for the guy to make all the moves can seem uninterested. Talk about mixed signals!

So what say you? Should we take a backseat to let the dudes do all the work? Or is it a balance of power these days?


No comments:

Post a Comment