Wednesday, June 8, 2011

what to wear wednesday - short love

The hot temperatures are here! If you are like me and you aren't a huge sundress girl, dressing cute and appropriate for the weather can at times be challenging. My suggestion? Invest in a good pair of shorts that you can wear with anything. I found a pair I love at Maude and I feel are age appropriate. They are a little loose (more of a boyfriend fit) and hit me right above the mid-thigh. Even us 20-something's should not be wearing shorts that let our rear ends hang out. (Sorry, I don't care how skinny you are or how cute your butt is.)

A good short gives you the freedom the fall does in the fashion world. You can put anything on top and express any style you are feeling that day. Feeling carefree? A loose tee will do the job. Girly? Try a cute floral tank. Both? Layer a vest over the floral top.

Jean shorts available at Maude Boutique in Fayetteville!
www.maudeboutique.com


I love this striped knit top from urban outfitters. Paired with the fun aztec-inspired cuff and small-wedge Seychelle shoe, its comfy, cute and fun.



urbanoutfitters.com
forever21.com

Seychelle shoe available at Maude Boutique in Fayetteville.

Also, since I skipped out on the trend to try last Friday, I will slip in one here. Substitue the cuff for this silk scarf for a girly touch. Tie it in a bow on the end of your braid. Super cute! I tried it last week at a baseball game. 
 forever21.com

No comments:

Post a Comment