Friday, March 9, 2012

TGIF ladies!










how cute are we as babies?

Happy Friday y'all. We are once again linking up with Leslie from A Blonde Ambition to share our deepest, darkest confessions. Enjoy!

Annye's confessions:
  1. So.tired.today. Yesterday's happy hour festivities lasted much longer than expected and way too late into the night for this girl. I didn't hate it and had a blast, but I'm paying for my decisions today!
  2. It's Fashion Week in Northwest Arkansas! If you're local, you probably already know this. I've been missing out on all the fun events... but am looking forward to checking them out tonight and tomorrow. Can't wait to see some hot runway looks from our great local boutique's--especially Maude! Check out their cute video if you get a chance, right here. {You might spot a familiar face!}
  3. It's been a big week for me... I did something I never thought I would ever do. I quit my job!! Can ya believe it? Talk about surreal moments of adulthood. I'm really sad to be leaving the great girls I work with now, but am so looking forward to what's next. Big things are happening y'all!
  4. I'm wearing my mom's jeans right now. Ha! Not sure if I should be more worried that yes, they are totally cute and not very mom-like at all, or the fact that they are a little tight on me... meaning, my mom is skinnier than me and may even have better fashion sense than I do. Touche, mom, touche.
  5. Because of the recent developments in my work-life and just being really content in my social-life, I've been pretty euphoric lately. I've been having lots of pinch-me, isthisreallymylife moments? I feel really, really fortunate. It just goes to show that our happiness is the most important thing in life and without that, what do you have? Not everything is perfect all the time, but right now this feels pretty great and I think I'll bask in it a little while longer :)
Jena's Confessions:
  1. I got a really good grade on what is called a "taping" in my major and I totally geeked out about it. We film ourselves practicing counseling techniques as "counselors" with our peers who pretend to be "clients." For one, I can't completely shake that pride I got as an undergrad when I got an 'A.'   But more importantly, feeling like you are beginning to master skills that you will use for the rest of your life is a little invigorating. Plus it helps reinforce my decision to jump from one career to another. That little voice in my head telling my doubt "I told you so!"
  2. I've been a bit of a downer lately. Not that anything in my life is going particularly bad, it's all pretty steady at this point. I just need...an adventure. A little spice. Nothing major, ya know? Maybe just something to look forward to. Cue thoughts of a weekend getaway, a vacation, a trip home, studying abroad and streaking. Yes, I considered it. Free and exciting if you ask me. 
  3. I've also been a bit on edge lately. Lacking patience with people and thinking a majority of them are idiots. I'm not sure what has gotten into me. The weather, maybe? I'd like to blame it on that. Or maybe everyone needs to just get a little smarter. Kidding!
  4. I was a total nerd yesterday, working on our new timeline page for Maude. A little reminder how much I do enjoy graphic design--when I don't have to do it every single day! 
  5. I'm looking forward to some much needed girl time with Annye this evening at Northwest Arkansas Fashion Week. I'm still excited to see the clothes, honor my friend who co-founded the whole shebang, and wear something a little obnoxious. But mainly, I want to have one-too-many with my Smith & Emma partner in crime. 
Have a lovely weekend ladies!

1 comment:

  1. Dropping by from Confessional Friday - I'm your newest follower!

    Enjoy your weekend and I'm SO glad I found your sweet blog! :)

    - Meg

    [Life of Meg]
    www.megnificentlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete