Wednesday, December 7, 2011

cheer up, buttercup

(via)

This one's for anyone who needs a pick-me-up. It seems like the majority of people are just not as happy as we could be lately. School, work, relationships and just life are getting everyone down. Or maybe it's just the colder weather that affects our moods. Whatever it is, the good news is, sometimes you can also forget about the stuff that is bogging you down and chose to focus on the little inconsequential things that don't necessarily matter in the long run, but will lift your mood and your spirits, if only for a little while.

So... if you need something to raise you up right now, here's what I've got for you:
  • Listen to some music that you love. Whether it inspires you, makes you dance or just makes you forget about everything for a little while... it does the job.Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Beyonce--these fabulous ladies always do the trick for me.
  • Que up a few funny videos on YouTube. Oh come on, how can laughing babies and other people's embarrassing moments not make you giggle? This one is sure to turn your frown upside down.
  • Plan a night with your girlfriends. My lady friends and I did that just last night. I think it's safe to say we all left a little happier. I am convinced there is nothing a glass of wine and some girl talk cannot cure.
  • Do something for somebody else. Volunteer to babysit a friend's kid. Donate your old clothes to a homeless shelter. It will lift your spirits to do good, I promise.
  • Go buy yourself something small. A new book, a pair of shoes, maybe some perfume? You deserve to indulge every once in a while.
  • Call your grandma (or grandpa or favorite aunt). Seriously. Do it. They love to hear from you. Plus grandmas are always good at telling you how awesome you are. Who doesn't love to hear that?
  • Exercise. I will admit, this would not be on my list of things to do to make me happy. But I hear there are these things called endorphins that have the power to boost your mood. Not that I know anything about them from personal experience or anything.

Alright, now what do you do to put yourself in a better mood? I'd love to hear!

2 comments:

  1. Bust out some goofy 80's music and bake up something super indulgent in my kitchen! Cyndi Lauper + Sugar= Instantly Better Mood : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. Made me smile just reading it! I like to craft- make greeting cards or some other project always puts a smile on my face, and lets me forget about the world for a little while!

    ReplyDelete