Friday, December 30, 2011

as the ball drops

{via}

My New Years Eves are {mostly} always a comedy of errors. At least if you're me. For your sake, I hope you have better luck (or maybe not--see below). Every time December 31st rolls around--I know I'm about to make poor decisions that will haunt me the next day. (Read: alcohol and it's after effects.)

One summer in college, I had a boss who told me she always made sure to start the year out with the worst hangover ever--if only because then the only way the year could go is up. It can only get better, right?

Well without knowing it, I must have taken her philosophy very seriously because most years that's how I end up. There was the year I slept until 9 p.m. the next day. Or the year my friends had to save me with greasy fast food. The year I lost my shoes and still to this day have no idea where they are. Oh, I have stories for days. But most are too hazy and a little too embarrassing for the internet.

But here's the thing: I sort of believe in the power of her philosophy. Every January 1st I've woken up feeling like sh*t has truly made for some fantastic years. Knock on wood.

So my hope for you is this: May your New Years Eve be the best time you've ever had. May your New Years Day be terrible. And may your 2012 be the best year yet.

I for one, will be donning a very sparkly outfit and dancing my face off with my best friends. New Years Eve is unofficially our holiday. We've been doing it up big since 2006 ;). And I wouldn't have it any other way.

What are your New Years Eve plans?? Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment