Thursday, December 22, 2011

tis the season

I cannot believe Christmas is just days away. Where has the year gone?! This time of year always makes me panic just a little bit... I feel like the days have passed me by without my consent. I just wish time would slow down a little.

Today, a carload of my family arrived in our driveway. They'll be here for a few days as we celebrate the holidays. My parent's house is currently bustling with activity and people (hence the late blog post) and the next few days are guaranteed to be a whirlwind. But I wouldn't trade it for the world.

During the stressful holidays and the panic of the ending year, all that really matters is that I have a family that I love, friends I cherish, a warm house to come home to, a job that challenges me, and more blessings than I can count.
This year has certainly had its ups and downs, but seeing my family all together always puts things into perspective.

I hope your holidays are just as crazy as mine ;) and you take some time to bask in the craziness and enjoy your blessings. Life is never going to be at the pace we want or expect it to be. All we can do is brace ourselves for the ride.

Merry Christmas friends!
xoxox
Ps... We'll be back next week with a new poll of the week and the results from last week's poll. So in the mean time, if you haven't voted yet.. go do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment