Wednesday, July 13, 2011

do something fun


Hi all! Better late than never, right? I'm currently capping off a very long day by baking a little something. I love to spend time in the kitchen, but admittedly I'm not always good at it... so let's cross our fingers that tonight's results are edible. If you've ever eaten at Mimi's Cafe and had their Carrot Raisin Muffins {which are to die for}, I'm currently attempting to replicate them thanks to this recipe. So far, they smell delicious so I'm thinking that they'll be a hit.

I decided to bake tonight, because I was inspired by one of my favorite bloggers, Mighty Girl, who has kicked off 30 days of fun--a project to do one fun thing each day. Coincidentally, a couple weeks ago, I decided I would start my own little project of trying to do different things after work... not necessarily big things, but just little activities to give me something to do after 5 p.m. besides sitting on the couch--which is often where you can find me most weeknights. {Something about sitting at a desk all day really takes it out of me.}

Thanks to a little push from Miss Maggie Mason, I've gotten excited again about doing something, anything post workday. Last night, I went to dinner and walked around the mall a little bit . . . retail therapy is always a good place to start in my book. And tomorrow, I will be one of the nerds camped out at the movie theatre to see Harry Potter at midnight. I've long had a love affair with the boy who lived under the stairs, and I'm very sad to part ways tomorrow night. So, yes, I will be camped out with millions of fans from around the country to bid my favorite Potterheads a fond farewell. Sounds fun, right?

Let's all pledge to be more fun and enjoy life for the next 30 days, shall we?

I see brighter smiles and sunnier days in your future. And it sure looks good you.

1 comment:

  1. You baked, I cooked! Lemon goat cheese pasta, and bacon wrapped dates. Look at us!

    ReplyDelete