Monday, September 26, 2011

don't be so hard on yourself

(via)

Today I read this--Sometimes It's Not You. And it was just what I needed. So of course I wanted to share it with y'all.

As a single lady for almost two years, I admit to feeling slightly desperate at times. It's hard not to wonder why I'm still single, while I see others dropping like flies and falling in love. Am I too opinionated? Do I swear too much? Am I not pretty enough? Should I loose five pounds?

I could seriously get lost in all of the things I think are wrong about me sometimes. It's hard not to let that eat you up, especially when there doesn't seem to be anything good coming--you know?

Luckily, I tend to be a glass half-full kind of gal, so usually it doesn't really bother me. But we all have our moments of weakness.

So, in case you're feeling like this, or have ever felt like this, I wanted to share this quote from the article with you... {Backstory: after being single for eight years, the author finally meets her Mr. Right and realizes there was nothing wrong with her all along.}
"Did we find love because we grew up, got real and worked through our issues? No. We just found the right guys. We found men who love us even though we're still cranky and neurotic, haven't got our careers together, and sometimes talk too loudly, drink too much and swear at the television news. We have gray hairs and unfashionable clothes and bad attitudes. They love us, anyway.

What's wrong with me? Plenty. But that was never the point."
Moral of the story: Don't be so hard on yourself. Someone is going to love each of your flaws someday, and if they don't.. well I believe Miss Marilyn Monroe said it best: "If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."


1 comment:

  1. this is JUST what i needed to hear (read?) right now :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete