Friday, September 30, 2011

Quit Whining!

via pinterest

That title is for me. Sulking. Wallowing. Whining. That has been me the last few days, and it is time for it to stop. Seriously. I am starting to annoy myself.

So in honor of my new attitude [ may be in part to the fact I have the entire weekend off! ] I am making a list of the things I am grateful for.

1. My family. They drive me crazy, yes, and they are a bunch of weirdos, but they are my weirdos.
2. My job. Although I complain about it at times, I am quite lucky to have it. Not only does it pay the bills, it allows me to be creative. I'm in charge of the projects I take on. If they succeed, if they fail. And having responsibility at work is a nice thing.
3. My friends. Annye posted about it not too long ago, but I am finally at a stage in my life where I am surrounded by some freaking fabulous friends. It took me 24 years to find them. But I did, and, they rock.
4. My boy toy. Sweet. Thoughtful. Funny. Tells me I'm pretty and listens to me complain. He puts up with my 'woe is me' attitude more than anyone, and he is a trooper.
5. My age! Yes, I may have experienced a mid-20's crisis this week, but with all of the unknowns that make me FREAK out, they also make me smile. My life could go anywhere at this point. And with this amazing support system in my life, and a positive outlook, I think it's all going to turn out okay.
6. Baby D. Being an Aunt is the one job that always puts a smile on my face. And smacks me in the head, saying, 'Get it together you moron. Having a crazy Aunt is not cool.' That baby girl is my sunshine.
7. Smith & Emma! Yes, I'm doing some ass-kissing. I should. This blog is the first thing I neglect when I'm busy, but the first thing I run to when I'm having a crisis. But that's what you do to the things you love, right? This little place to blab about issues I'm facing, my opinions on things, and lessons I've learned that people  [other than Annye :) ] may actually read? That is pretty kick-ass.

What are you grateful for?

Enjoy your weekends. Do something you love!


No comments:

Post a Comment