Tuesday, September 13, 2011

hair DOs

I am admittedly not much of a risk-taker when it comes to my locks. My hair typically stays on the longer side, unless I'm feeling restless and then I've been known to chop it off a time or two--each time hating it more than the last. I think I've learned my lesson to just keep it long and save myself the trouble. Instead, I've learned to play with the color a little bit! Adding highlights or low lights or sprucing up your whole head of hair is always fun--might as well try something new from time to time, because after all it's only hair. That goes for bangs and layers. Switching those up can completely change your whole look without touching much of the length.

At the end of June, I added blondish highlights to my hair, giving it a golden brown look that I loved for those sunny days. With summer ending and fall creeping in, I think it's time to go darker again. And since I've decided I want something, I want it now! Unfortunately, apparently so does every one of my hair dresser's clients, because I can't get into to see her for two more weeks. So until then, I'm left to daydream about potential cuts and colors that I most likely will never do. And you get to play along :). Here are just a few of the favorites I'm loving today...



middle part... switching up the part of your hair changes your look instantly. try moving it to the middle for a little while and see how you like the sleeker look.
ombre locks... two-toned hair has been on my radar for quite some time. it might be time to finally try it out. plus, you save on coloring costs--it looks great even when it's growing out.
stick straight... whip out your straightener for a sexy and polished look.
bang! bang!... bangs are for much more than hiding your five-head--these dramatic bangs make a statement.
a hint of red... i've longed to be a ginger most of my life. perhaps a reddish tint is in the cards for this fall.


1 comment:

  1. i'm a big fan of the ombre look and am seriously thinking of going for it. i just got my bangs bangs and i sort of love them too. a new season is a great time to switch things up :)

    ReplyDelete