Wednesday, February 8, 2012

all you really need are good girlfriends

Let me just start off by saying.... I am single. {wah, wah} It's probably for the best because who can compete with Jena's story from yesterday? I know a lot of girls get worked up about being single on February 14... I'm just not one of them. The way I see it: I've had great Valentines {of the male variety} in the past. But celebrating with my lady friends and a bottle of champagne ain't so bad either. And that's just what I plan on doing.

My roommate and I decided to host a fun little dinner party for several of our favorite ladies on Saturday night. Basically an excuse to celebrate each other and prove that sometimes all you really need are good girlfriends.We're gonna get dressed up, eat fondue, drink {too much} champagne and have ourselves a good ole time. Some of the ladies coming to the party are also single and some are in relationships. Which just goes to show you.... you don't need an excuse to celebrate with your lady friends.

This year, regardless of if you're single or in a relationship, show some love to your girlfriends. They'll appreciate that you took some time and thought about them. And you'll feel like a million bucks for making their day, trust me. It's always nice to know that someone is thinking about you and wants to make you feel special.

My advice to younger girls is always this--don't worry about boys so much... they'll come. What you need to worry about is the girls in your life. Men come and go, but your girls will always be there. I'm blessed to be surrounded by fabulous ladies who I can't wait to celebrate this holiday with. And I hope you are too!

Ps. I know we usually post our Poll of the Week on Thursdays. We'll be back at it next week... so there's still time to tell us what you want to see more of on S&E! Check it out here.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't be more excited about Saturday! Can't wait to celebrate the lovely women in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I'm going to a Bath and Body Works Valentine's day party with my bestie and then we're going to see the vow, so I am all about celebrating with the girls too! I got my roomies little valentine's day gifts and can't wait to surprise them either. Hope your party is a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete