- I'm getting my hair done today and it's probably shameful how excited I am. My mane is a mess ladies. Hopefully phase 1 of becoming a wannabe ginger will be complete by approx. 5 p.m. this afternoon. We shall see!!
- I was one of the nerds who bought tickets to the midnight showing of Hunger Games a month in advance on Wednesday. I cannot wait for this movie. If you haven't read the books, please do so ASAP.
- I got my dramz with United worked out!! Whoo hoo! They ended up calling me the very next day and giving me exactly what I wanted :) Persistence pays off y'all! So I'm headed back to Chicago in the very near future to see some of my favorite people and I cannot contain the excitement!!
- Does anyone else go on spending binges or is that just me? It seems like I can go weeks and be a good little spender/saver. And then I have weeks like this week where I feel like I'm just throwing money out left and right. But hey, that new spring wardrobe isn't gonna buy itself riiiight? And at least today is pay day!
- I feel like I think this a lot to myself but don't vocalize it as much as I should.... I have the best friends and family ever. I seriously sit back at least five times a day and just bask in the thankfulness for those I've been blessed to have in my life. And that includes you dear readers! I am so thankful I have this little corner of the internet to share with Jena. Thanks for reading and coming back daily! xoxox
- I'm with Annye on the spending spree. Valentine's Day, my dad's birthday, my boyfriend's birthday, friend's birthday's...plus, a few things for me of course! I'll save next month...
- Friends, tonight will be my last night as a bartender, for now. This occupation I loved when I was 21/22 is something I don't love so much at 24. Sounds odd, but pouring loads of alcohol down people's throats and watching them become incoherent feels a little bit wrong. (This is a college bar, mind you.) It's also a lifestyle I'm just plain too old for. Maybe I'll take up knitting instead.
- For breakfast this morning I had a large coke and a hash brown from McDonald's. This is still one of my favorite combos of all time. Gross, I know.
- My favorite moment of the week was singing happy birthday to my boyfriend at the bowling alley, and watching him and his son blow out the candles together. This sort of thing is what life is all about.
- I bought a yoga mat ($25) and a pass for 10 sessions ($40) and have yet to gone to yoga. Sigh. This week, this week I will go.
We hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!