Monday, February 6, 2012

smitten with smith & emma

As we discovered in our poll results from last week, the majority of our readers are skeptics about the upcoming holiday--Valentine's Day. Although I admit this is typically an over-hyped and under delivered day of love, I am still firmly situated in the camp who loves the day despite its misgivings.

Never one to let a holiday go unnoticed {[I love festivities, what can I say}, it is my belief that the day is what you make it. So, in light the aforementioned poll results and my inability to leave well-enough alone, we here at Smith & Emma have made it our mission to share the love and hopefully inspire you to find a little something to love about February 14.

This year, Valentine's Day is about spreading the love. For the next week on Smith & Emma, we'll be featuring love stories of all kinds--we do not discriminate! Sweet and romantic stories of first loves, a guide to loving yourself and perhaps even a few ideas of how to celebrate February 14 as a single lady {I've got that down pat!}. And we want you to join us!

Do you have a fairytale love story to share? Or even just a simple story of love? Do you have a group of girlfriends you love? Or do you just love yourself and want to shout it from the rooftops? We want you to hear about it! Post it to your blog, then share it with us in the comments section here on Smith & Emma. We'll gather them up and make sure the world hears about it on Valentine's Day!

Help us spread the love and prove that Valentine's Day is more than just a commercial holiday devised by card and chocolate companies who want to make lots of dough.

xoxox

PS. If you do decide to share, feel free to steal the banner above!

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I've always been a hopeless romantic, but I definitely believe Vday is about more than just romantic love! I made a point this year to send/give little girly gifts to let my girls to let them know I appreciate them too. My boy and I are that cliche couple with a Vday anniversary. Better start working on my post! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great great idea!!!! Can't wait to read! xoxo

    ReplyDelete