Friday, January 27, 2012

tag, you're it!

(via)

Happy Friday y'all! It's finally the freakin weekend and we could not be more excited. A few days ago, P!nky from P!nkPers!stence tagged us in this little survey, and we thought we'd kick off our weekend with a few fun answers to these questions. I know y'all are at the edge of your seats to learn more about us... so here you go!

Do you have a nickname? Explain what it is and why.
Annye: Well... my family has always called me Annye Bugs (no clue how that started), Tumbleweed (I was a clumsy child) or Willow (I was an emotional child, too). And because of the unique spelling of my name, literally everyone calls me Anye (like Kanye) all the time--and they all think they're the first ones to come up with it... but I've actually been called Anye my whole life, way before Kanye West was on the scene. Oh, and my friends from college call me Turkey Monster (not sure why...). I love a good nickname.

Jena: My mom has called me Jen for forever. If anyone else calls me that I cringe, but it's okay when my mom says it for some weird reason. Peanut was another nickname of mine for a long time. I was a very small child, always the shortest in my class. My close friends from high school call me Lene´ (Pronounced Lanay), which is my middle name. Ah, and since I do have odd spellings in my name, once someone pronounced my name "Gina Leeney"--and my boyfriend thinks its hilarious, so that one has stuck with him.

You're stranded on a desert island. What 3 things do you bring with you?
A: Chapstick, a good book, Ryan Gosling (all for obvious reasons)
J: My dogs Buddy and Belle, a good book and my friend Tricia. She would make it all sorts of fun.

Would you rather eat sweet or salty food?
A: Sweet. Hands down.
B: Annye, your crazy. Salty all the way.

Are you a heels or a flats type of girl?
A: I don't like to pick favorites. Gimme both!
B: Both. Some days are heel days, others are most certainly not.

Describe your perfect day. What does it entail?
A: Waking up to my mom's biscuits and gravy, spending the day in a body of water (i.e. pool, ocean), drinking copious amounts of margaritas, and being surrounded by my favorite people.
J: Right now it's waking up to a good cup of tea and my boyfriend cooking breakfast, piddling around Dickson Street and having a beer or glass of wine way too early, and then spending the evening playing with his son. My ideal perfect day would involve all of these things, my family and friend Tricia (who all live too far away), and a beach.

What's your worst habit you'd like to break?
A: Biting my damn nails. Ugh.
J: Being so scatterbrained. In one week I managed to get a car towed because I didn't have a parking sticker, lose my house key for a day and a buy a planner for 2011 instead of 2012.

What's your favorite animal?
A: Hmm.... It's probably sad that I have to think about this. I find corgi's really cute, though.
B: Dogs, hands down.

What's your favorite type of accessory? Earrings? Shoes? Scarves? And why.
A: I'm notoriously bad at accessorizing, but I will say I wear scarves a lot.
J: I share in Annye's lack of ability to accessorize, but I wear scarves a ton, too. They change your look for very little money and with very little effort. My new favorite accessory, however, is an old, broken gold watch I stole out of my dad's dresser drawer.

If you were famous, would you rather be a movie star, a singer or a reality TV star? Why?
A: I would like to be famous for not doing any of that. The idea of "celebrity" doesn't enchant me all that much. How about... just being good looking and awesome? Got that in the bag.
J: If I am famous I want it to be because I wrote a damn good book.

What made you start your blog?
A: I was inspired by a late night conversation on a trip to Hilton Head Island with Jena, and the fact that I didn't feel like there was a place where anyone was dead honest about how hard it is to be in your twenties sometimes.
J: Ditto to Annye. And I'm a big believer in sharing experiences. It's what got me through one of the darkest times in my life, just knowing someone else went through something similar and made it out the other side happy. There exists such a power in people being honest.

What's one thing that we should know about you?
A: I hate cheese. Like.... loathe the stuff. In fact, the idea of eating raw cheese makes me want to vom. I will eat it melted (on pizza or as queso). But something about hunks of raw cheese just really repulses me. And don't get me started on how terrible it smells....
J: When life gets me really up, really down or really confused, I drive for a good hour, usually to this state park near where we live, belt it out to the terrible pop country that comes on the radio and enjoy Arkansas' beautiful scenery.

We'd love to hear your answers to these questions! Hope everyone has a more than fabulous weekend.



&  

No comments:

Post a Comment