- know how to budget. not that you'll always use it. there will be times when you have to pick between eating and a cute outfit. it's okay to pick the outfit.
- find a cheap bottle of wine you love. just for sanity's sake.
- skim the news. if you're old enough to vote, you are old enough to understand what's going on in the world.
- write thank you letters. it's polite and your mother will be proud.
- know what you believe in. and why.
- stand up for what you believe in.
- use your words. u r an adult. spell like it.
- wake up in time for brunch on the weekend. you can sleep when you're dead.
- don't say you can't cook. anyone who can read a recipe and has been in a grocery store can cook something.
- it's okay to have one bad habit. everyone needs a vice and nobody's perfect.
- find a mentor. someone who you respect and admire. take them to lunch. ask for their advice.
- be kind. be humble. be grateful.
- call your grandparents.
- set goals for yourself. achieve them.
- don't be afraid to be unpredictable sometimes.
- wash your face.
- don't worry about the quantity of friends you have. quality is where it's at.
- invest in your own mental health. find a way to blow off steam or a really good therapist who will talk you through it.
- be selfish occasionally. now is the time to put yourself first.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
twenty things for twenty-somethings
just a few things for the twenty-somethings....