Monday, January 30, 2012

a to-do list

A few friendly suggestions of things I have enjoyed lately and wanted to share...

read this:
The Fault in Our Stars, John Green

Um, hi. This book is good. I'm discovering that all of John Green's books are. But this one in particular was just... a must-read. It's about a girl with cancer. Which is just about as sad as it sounds. But so worth shedding a few tears over.

watch this:
Downton Abbey

My mom gets annoyed by my incessant insisting on which shows she should be watching. But after I finally persuaded her to watch just one episode of Downton (english accents! amazing costumes! Maggie Smith!) she was hooked. And I got to say "I told you so." Win, win.

listen to this:
Voyageur, Kathleen Edwards

I love a good female singer. And Kathleen Edwards' CD does not disappoint. Full of great little ballads, it's the perfect music for Mondays, I think. Plus, it's produced by Bon Iver's Justin Vernon... need I say more? Favorite track: Empty Threat.

wear this:
Matte top coat

I was sporting some sweet matte green polish last week and the compliments were rolling in. As of late, you could call me obsessed with all things matte, so I was pleased to find that my fingers can get in on the party. With this top coat, you can make any polish matte....winning!

What are you loving right now? Please share!


No comments:

Post a Comment